My Grandmother Sends Her regards & Apologises

by Fredrik Backman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingMecuwing of Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on 4/17/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingMecuwing from Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, April 17, 2024
Elsa is seven years old and different. Her grandmother is seventy-seven years old and crazy, standing-on-the-balcony-firing-paintball-guns-at-men-who-want-to-talk-about-Jesus-crazy. She is also Elsa's best, and only, friend. At night Elsa takes refuge in her grandmother's stories, in the Land of Almost-Awake and the Kingdom of Miamas where everybody is different and nobody needs to be normal.

When Elsa's grandmother dies and leaves behind a series of letters apologizing to people she has wronged, Elsa's greatest adventure begins. Her grandmother's letters lead her to an apartment building full of drunks, monsters, attack dogs, and totally ordinary old crones, but also to the truth about fairytales and kingdoms and a grandmother like no other.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMecuwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

I send you my warmest regards & a wishlist book.
Released at the BC Convention 2024 in Tampere, Finland.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024
Thanks Mecu, it’s been so lovely to see you today! I love all the Moomin, Bookcrossing and cat themed goodies too.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 24, 2024
I really enjoyed this. Love Elsa and all her friends. Finished on the ferry to Tallin. Maybe I will release it there?

Released 1 mo ago (4/24/2024 UTC) at Eckero Ferry Terminal in Eckerö Line, -- Ports, Waterways & Ships -- Estonia

Put on what looked like a bookshelf as we arrived into Tallin at the ferry terminal.

Hello!