The fine art of uncanny prediction

by Robert Goddard | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingEnitnajwing of Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on 4/15/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingEnitnajwing from Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Monday, April 15, 2024
Umiko Wada never set out to be private detective, let alone become the one-woman operation behind the Kodaka Detective Agency. And with her former boss recently deceased in mysterious circumstances, Wada is careful to choose the cases she takes very carefully.

But her interest is gripped by a mysterious businessman who wants her to track down his estranged son. But she should have known that the simplest cases are never what they seem. Soon she finds herself pulled into a labyrinthine conspiracy with links to a twenty year old investigation and to the chaos and trauma of the dying days of the Second World War.

As Wada uncovers a dizzying web of links between then and now, it becomes clear that someone has gone to extraordinary lengths to keep the past buried. And the deeper Wada digs, the more danger she finds herself. Soon those she loves most will be sucked into the orbit of one of the most powerful men in Tokyo. And he will do whatever it takes to hold on to that power...

The Fine Art of Uncanny Prediction is another tour de force from the cunning mind of master storyteller Robert Goddard. Spanning seventy years, it takes the reader on a head-spinning journey of twist and counter-twist which keep you guessing until the final pages.

Book bought for my NSS at Tampere Convention 2024. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingEnitnajwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

For my NSS!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, April 20, 2024
In my NSS.
Thank you for the book and all the wonderful goodies!

Journal Entry 4 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, May 2, 2024
Read most of this on the way home, and finished it soon after.
I really enjoyed this; plenty of twists and turns in the usual Goddard way. This is the second book in this series, but I didn't feel I missed out not having read the first.
Thank you for giving me this, Enitnaj.