The Crow Trap : a Vera Stanhope Novel 1

by Ann Cleeves | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winglii5awing of Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 4/14/2024
Journal Entry 1 by winglii5awing from Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, April 14, 2024
First published 1999 by Macmillan. This edition 2020. Paperback, 518 pages.

"Three very different women come together at an isolated cottage in the North Pennines,- to complete an environmental survey. Three women who each know the meaning of betrayal...

Rachael, the team leader, is still reeling after a double betrayal by her lover and boss. Anne, a botanist, sees the survey as a chance to indulge in a little deception of her own. And then there is Grace, a strange, uncommunicative young woman, hiding plenty of her own secrets.

Rachael is the first to arrive at the cottage, but when she gets there she is shocked to discover an apparent suicide. But then another death occurs, and a fourth woman enters the picture - the unconventional Detective Inspector Vera Stanhope, who must piece together thetruth from these women's tangled lives..."

Journal Entry 2 by winglii5awing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Released 4 wks ago (4/21/2024 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Convention Tampere - toivoit tätä!

Journal Entry 3 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, April 22, 2024
Thank you ever so much, Lii5a! Not only for the book, but for everything during the convention weekend!

Journal Entry 4 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, May 9, 2024
Surprisingly long start, but enter Vera, and things started to happen. Entertaining as ever, and I couldn't help hearing Brenda Blethyn in my head.

Looking for some summer reads? Make this one of them!

Journal Entry 6 by Nokkosperhonen at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, May 12, 2024
Thanks, I will! I saw the latest Vera Stanhope mysteries on TV a few weeks ago and loved them. I think this will make a good Mother's Day present for my mother!