The hundred year-old man who climed out of the window and disappeared

by Jonas Jonasson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winglilith89wing of Teckomatorp, Skåne Sweden on 4/14/2024
Journal Entry 1 by winglilith89wing from Teckomatorp, Skåne Sweden on Sunday, April 14, 2024
Taking this book to the bookcrossing convention in Finland 2024

Journal Entry 2 by winglilith89wing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 14, 2024

Released 4 wks ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

After a long and eventful life, Allan Karlsson ends up in a nursing home, believing it to be his last stop. The only problem is that he’s still in good health. A big celebration is in the works for his 100th birthday, but Allan really isn’t interested (and he’d like a bit more control over his alcohol consumption), so he decides to escape. He climbs out the window in his slippers and embarks on a hilarious and entirely unexpected journey. It would be the adventure of a lifetime for anyone else, but Allan has a larger-than-life backstory: he has not only witnessed some of the most important events of the 20th century, but actually played a key role in them. Quirky and utterly unique, The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared has charmed readers across the world.

Journal Entry 3 by wingechodewing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
Thank you for releasing here! I believe at one point this was on my wishlist, but I may be confusing my old-man-suddenly-wandering-off, and thinking of The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry...
At any rate, intriguing premise 😉