The Diary of Princess Pushy's Sister (part 1)

by Samantha Markle | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkirjakkowing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 4/14/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingkirjakkowing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, April 14, 2024
Picked up from the recycling shelf of the Library of Richard Street, Helsinki. Meghan surely has a colourful family...

Journal Entry 2 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, April 14, 2024
Either this is a self-published book or has had very poor or no editoring. Given dates not matching (Samantha's grandparents got married before they met for the first time), a long paragraph appearing twice, one page owned to a fullstop which should have been on the previous page, Mom's when should read Moms... Also the written text feels somewhat "clumsy". No rush with part two...

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, April 15, 2024
When somebody emphasizes how nice it was as a teenager to get a new, weed-smoking black mama, who was just a couple of years older than yourself, I smell a rat (I don't know what weed smells like). When the story continues that Sam was pleased to hear the news of her new mom's pregnancy and the fact that they would now really become a multiracial family, I could see her nose grow like Pinoccio's. For a teenager being different from the mass around you is the end of the world. Becoming a pariah.
My friend had twins who were 14 when she became pregnant again, at the age of 43. The twins' reactions were: 1) Son: Is it too late to do anything? 2) Daughter left the room wailing that her life will be ruins as she now has to baby-sit all evenings and slave away and never see her friends again... Those I think would be "normal" teen-agers' reactions to losing their place as the centre of their parent's universe.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2024
I can't believe that her dad bought one car and when she didn't learn to use the clutch, bought another! Used cars, but anyhow. In Finland everybody learns to drive a car with manual gears - driving lessons aren't given on cars with automatic gears.
The whole Tahoe trip was a mystery to me. She began explaining how she wanted to ski, but her best friend Nicole didn't answer to her calls, so she left there with somebody else. Then there wasn't a word about skiing, but after a drunken night playing Twisters she ended up pregnant. Age wasn't mentioned. She found a job from Tahoe, didn't tell any of her close relatives about being pregnant, but chose the evil granny Loveless (is that a real name??) to confide in and was told to have an abortion.
Then a detour to Houston, still not having confessed to her immidiate family about her pregnancy, the angelic Black mama appearing from nowhere and looking after her.
Then marriage with Chris-the-Twister, having another child soon after and a divorce not long after that. No mention where the kids were right after the divorce and then suddenly the paternal grandparents - mentioned for the first time - were moving somewhere far and taking the children with them, which was ok, because there was a good school and healthy environment for them. Stating it like it was a normal thing for a mother to give up her kids.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2024
Her dad adopted a one-legged cat??? Later she said one of his hind legs was missing, so that makes it a three-legged cat. There can't have been a publishing editor for this book!

Edit: And then she was helping Meg with maths 😄😄...

Journal Entry 6 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2024
I'm so glad I've always been pleased with my short hair, getting extensions seems to be a waste of time and money...

Already in 1993 actor Brandon Lee died on the set as a prop gun fired a real bullet. What are they doing over there, in 2021 actor Alec Baldwin shot dead a woman and injured the director when practicing to use a prop gun.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, April 17, 2024
Still a bit left, but I have to say I think Sam is a phony telling how she always wanted what's best for her dear sister, but then - oops - tells how she dated Corey and Harry at the same time and - oops - called her sister pushy to the media, when her dad had already adviced her not to talk to the newshounds.
I do understand that one can become bitter, when life deals you lousy husbands and MS and your sister a career in acting and Prince Harry. And your sister also happens to be the apple of your beloved father's eye, which I've seen from close can lead to a lifelong trauma and endless jealousy.
Some things are mentioned in greater detail than others in the book, which is normal, but you can also draw conclusions of things not mentioned. Like where did Sam's natural mother disappear? There is no word about her after the two kids moved in with their father. Also her own first set of children who she gave away were almost forgotten and the way she said she wanted a family before her MS would make it impossible sounded like she didn't count her two kids as family.
Only in America would a teenage brat take her wheelchaired mom to court for abusive behaviour... Yes, children do need boundaries.
Meg may be the selfish and pushy individual described here, or not, I don't know, but Sam certainly isn't the encouraging, warmhearted and altruistic person she tries to describe herself to be. Seeing no fault whatsoever in her dad is probably a try to earn browny points in his eyes and finally becoming his favourite. Pathetic, but that is what kids who feel neglected do, adult kids, too.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, April 17, 2024
Sam's biological mother was mentioned towards the end as the media digged her up from somewhere to give interviews about the family - in which she had not belonged after 1970'ies.
There is one thing I agree with Sam and that is the media has no moral or boundaries - they do just about anything to get a story and if they still won't get it, they will invent it. Freedom of speech does not mean this.
Especially in the grand finale Sam sounds like a broken record, going on and on about their poor daddy, who gave Meg everything and then some, who was given an ultimatum to turn his back on his two eldest children (ironically something Sam had done quite freewillingly in the past), who wasn't invited to the wedding and who had a heart attack. Again, a publishing editor would have been great to have here.
Some of Sam's predictions have come true - Prince Harry has distanced himself of the Royal Family and has written a scandalous book called Spare. He is still married to Meg and they live in the States, not part of the Royal Family anymore.

Journal Entry 9 by wingkirjakkowing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Anybody into family drama? This is The book for you, even if it is very amateurish.

Journal Entry 10 by wingLotty_wing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
I've taken this one from the Bookcrossing Convention in Tampere.

Journal Entry 11 by wingLotty_wing at Bucherschank kirche in Merzen, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, May 18, 2024

Released 2 days ago (5/18/2024 7:00 PM UTC) at Bucherschank kirche in Merzen, Niedersachsen Germany

Fly and be free!