Doppler

by Erlend Loe | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 4/13/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, April 13, 2024
Copied from goodreads:

A Guardian Book of the Year and Chapters/Indigo Best Book

A bestseller in Scandinavia -- Doppler is the enchanting, subversive, and very unusual story about one man and his moose.

This beguiling modern fable tells the story of a man who, after the death of his father, abandons his home, his family, his career, and the trappings of civilization for a makeshift tent in the woods where he adopts a moose-calf named Bongo. Or is it Bongo who adopts him? Together they devote themselves, with some surprising results, to the art of carefree living.

Hilarious, touching, and poignant in equal measure -- you will read it with tear-stained cheeks and sore sides -- Doppler is also a deeply subversive novel and a strong criticism of modern consumer culture.

I bought this book at Tronsmo, the best bookstore in Norway (and one of the 20 best in the world according to Financial Times) last month in order to have it as part of the Norwegian raffle prize at the Tampere convention. Happy reading to the winner, this is a wonderful book! :-)

Journal Entry 2 by wingLeishaCamdenwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Part of the Norwegian raffle prize at the Tampere convention! Happy reading to the lucky winner!

Journal Entry 3 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Sunday, April 21, 2024
Thank you so much for such an interesting Norwegian prize. I'm very happy that I won it and so did my husband.

I have such great memories of the Oslo Convention and I am very excited about this book.