Sleepless Nights and Kisses for Breakfast

by Matteo Bussola | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 4/13/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, April 13, 2024
This journal by a father of three daughters is tender, thought-provoking and humorous, making for a very enjoyable read. Some stories are about kids saying the darnedest thing, some are about the joy and hardship of parenting, some about maturing and growth, and some are wry observation of human nature.

Ten pages in, the daughter told her father that she wanted pizza for dinner. The author said, not tonight, the dough would not have time to rise. I thought, only in Italy...

Another favorite paragraph:
"The wonder of those thirty-five pounds that want to do nothing but sleep on your chest even when you're dead tired and would give anything to sleep on your back without little fingers going up your nose. The fact is, your nostrils will be exactly the same in five years. Those little fingers won't. That desire to sleep on top of you will vanish too, and you'll regret every day you didn't enjoy it."

And this reply when facing a tenacious telemarketer:
"I'll make you a deal. Would you perhaps like one, a daughter? I'll send one right to your home. Free trial with no commitment."

I got this book from the library book sale, and will be adding this to the Armchair to Italy bookbox, and hope it will bring joy to other readers too.

Journal Entry 2 by debnance at Alvin, Texas USA on Saturday, May 18, 2024
I'm looking forward to reading this one!