After You

by Jojo Moyes | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingInge1990wing of Rhenen, Utrecht Netherlands on 4/11/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingInge1990wing from Rhenen, Utrecht Netherlands on Thursday, April 11, 2024
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Giver of Stars, discover the love story that captured over 20 million hearts in Me Before You, After You, and Still Me.

“You’re going to feel uncomfortable in your new world for a bit. But I hope you feel a bit exhilarated too. Live boldly. Push yourself. Don’t settle. Just live well. Just live. Love, Will.”

How do you move on after losing the person you loved? How do you build a life worth living?

Louisa Clark is no longer just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. After the transformative six months spent with Will Traynor, she is struggling without him. When an extraordinary accident forces Lou to return home to her family, she can’t help but feel she’s right back where she started.

Her body heals, but Lou herself knows that she needs to be kick-started back to life. Which is how she ends up in a church basement with the members of the Moving On support group, who share insights, laughter, frustrations, and terrible cookies. They will also lead her to the strong, capable Sam Fielding—the paramedic, whose business is life and death, and the one man who might be able to understand her. Then a figure from Will’s past appears and hijacks all her plans, propelling her into a very different future. . . .

For Lou Clark, life after Will Traynor means learning to fall in love again, with all the risks that brings. But here Jojo Moyes gives us two families, as real as our own, whose joys and sorrows will touch you deeply, and where both changes and surprises await.

Journal Entry 2 by wingInge1990wing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

On the convention table

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, April 21, 2024
I absolutely loved Me Before You. I found the whole story highly inspiring & touching, one of those love stories that stays with you long after you finish reading them and one that you come back to from time to time. The writer managed to magically combine euthanasia and disability and blend them into the perfect love story. At first, I didn’t hate the book but I did wonder why she had bothered with a sequel and whilst it didn't really come close to the first book, it was enjoyable. However, I was very pleased with the ending and had hoped that was the way it would turn out.

Released 4 wks ago (4/22/2024 UTC) at -- Somewhere In Tampere / Jossain Tampereella in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

I never got on the release walk so leaving in my AirBnB.