The Complete Polysyllabic Spree

by Nick Hornby | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkirjakkowing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 4/2/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingkirjakkowing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 2, 2024
Picked up from a library exchange shelf already some time ago. "A diary of sorts, charting his reading life over two years" sounds swell, but for some reason it was a disappointment. Perhaps he tried to be more sophisticated than he really was, read "intelligent" books and write Big Thoughts about them... I can't remember, because I stopped reading early on. I gave the book to my old workmate from the Academic Bookstore, she at least is well-read and sophisticated...

Journal Entry 2 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/2/2024 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Gave the book to Elisabeth, along with some birthday wishes.
The font is very small, hopefully she will manage.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 4, 2024
I can't say that I liked this book. It was a strange mish-mash of this and that. I wonder why it was written in the first place.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 13, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Nick gets to travel to the BC-convention in Tampere. Let's see if somebody there understands this book better!

Journal Entry 5 by wingtobbwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 19, 2024
Picked up at the book buffet. Remember that I really liked High Fidelity, reading it after a sad break-up of a five year relationship. And hope that the meta-level of Hornby’s book thoughts will be interesting. Also just baffled by how much a writer is able to read in a months time. Perhaps it’s to rhapsodic, we’ll see.