Tourist Season

by Carl Hiaasen | Humor |
ISBN: 978-0-446-695 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Aberpeter of Renton, Washington USA on 3/5/2024
Journal Entry 1 by Aberpeter from Renton, Washington USA on Tuesday, March 5, 2024
from the back of the book:

the only trace of the first victim was his Shriner's fez washed up on the Miami beach. The second victim, the head of the city's chamber of commerce, was found dead with a toy rubber alligator lodged in his throat. And that was just the beginning... Now Brian Keyes, reported turned private eye, must move from muckraking to rooting out murder... in a caper that will mix football players, politicians, and police with a group of fanatics and a very hungry crocodile.

Journal Entry 2 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Thursday, March 28, 2024
Every time I read a Carl Hiaasen book, I have to wonder how he comes up with his eccentric cast of characters. Considering Hiaasen lives in Florida, it really isn't that hard to imagine...

In Tourist Season, a group calling themselves the Noches de Diciembre are frustrated with the growth of south Florida and all the tourists. To make a statement, they start killing tourists and calling it a revolution. The police, a private investigator, reporters, and the Orange Bowl committee are all on high alert, trying to stay one-step ahead of the terrorists yet are finding it difficult with their seemingly random behavior. In true Hiaasen fashion, all the bad guys are stereotypical representations of the worst our country has to offer and the get what's coming to them by the end.

While not a high-quality piece of literature, Tourist Season is still entertaining.

Journal Entry 3 by Aberpeter at Renton, Washington USA on Monday, April 8, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/8/2024 UTC) at Renton, Washington USA

sending this wishlist book to djf1968

Journal Entry 4 by wingdjf1968wing at San Ramon, California USA on Thursday, April 11, 2024
I absolutely adore Carl Hiaasen...his irreverent humor is the perfect escape. Thank you for sharing this one with me as a birthday gift.