Alien - River of Pain - Book 3

by Christopher Golden | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 2/27/2024
Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 27, 2024
When Ellen Ripley finally returns to Earth, she learns that the planet LV-426—now called Acheron—has been colonized. But LV-426 is where Ripley and the crew of the Nostromo found the original Xenomorph—the killing machine known as the Alien.

Protected by the Colonial Marines, the colonists seek to terraform the storm-swept planet. Two such residents are Anne and Russell Jorden, seeking a fortune that eluded them on Earth. On Acheron, Anne gives birth to the colony’s first newborn. Rebecca Jorden, also known as Newt.

The wildcatters discover a vast, decaying spaceship. The horseshoe-shaped vessel is of particular interest to Weyland-Yutani, and may be the answer to their dreams. But what Anne and Russ find on board proves to be the stuff, not of dreams, but of nightmares

Although this is book 3 - it can be read as a standalone.
Aliens absolutely terrified me when I watched it when I was a kid. Even as an adult it still scares me when I watch it so I was a bit nervous going into this book 😂. It follows the story of Newt and her family and the events that lead up to her being alone in the film Aliens. I devoured this book and it did make my heartbeat quicken with fear in places 😳 Ripley didn’t feature much as this is Newts story but that ok as this is a great read!

Journal Entry 2 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/27/2024 UTC) at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Putting into the sci-fi bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by paganfrog at Wick, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, March 1, 2024
claiming this from the sci-fi bookbox