Trust Exercise

by Susan Choi | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingdacejavwing of Tbilisi, Tbilisi Georgia on 2/20/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingdacejavwing from Tbilisi, Tbilisi Georgia on Tuesday, February 20, 2024
When acting students Sarah and David fall obsessively in love, their passion does not go unnoticed, least of all by their magnetic acting teacher, Mr. Kingsley. His interference in their affair sets in motion a shocking spiral of events that reverberates through their lives for decades afterward. Trust Exercise lays bare our struggles to negotiate consent, to choose whom to believe, and to survive what we lose, gain, and never get over as we navigate our way into adulthood's mysterious structures of sex and power.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdacejavwing at Salaspils, Rīgas rajons Latvia on Saturday, February 24, 2024
It was one of the strangest books I have read recently, but not in a bad sense, or not completely in a bad sense. I was really enjoying it for the most part. The writing was spotless. I guess I was disappointed with the ending. This is a book that doesn't deliver you clear answers at the end, only guesses.

The not-named city in the first part appears to be Houston, Texas. For me, having grown up in Europe, it was very interesting how excruciating the lack of a driver's license and a car could be for Texan teenagers, how obsessed could they get with it, what they would be ready to do for having a car, how naked they could feel without one. How dangerous it could be not to have one and to need to walk.

“It was part of the excruciating in-betweenness of no longer being children, yet lacking those powers enjoyed by adults.”

“She would do anything to obtain her own car. She would prostitute herself or rob or kill if it meant she could have her own car.”

Journal Entry 3 by wingdacejavwing at Wishlist Tag Game, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 26, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/26/2024 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

I'm posting the book from Salaspils, Latvia today. It's going to estelle1806 in Ireland next! Safe journey!

Journal Entry 4 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, March 1, 2024
Thanks for sharing your book with me :-)