Wyatt

by Garry Disher | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1921656026 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingmarmee463wing of Ivanhoe, Victoria Australia on 2/19/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingmarmee463wing from Ivanhoe, Victoria Australia on Monday, February 19, 2024
This is Aussie noir at its finest, a good, solid plot, fast-paced, excellent development of characters, plenty of twists and turns and an ending that suggests more in the pipeline. Disher's writing works for me and I will be looking for more...

Journal Entry 2 by wingmarmee463wing at Riddik Cafe in Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia on Sunday, March 31, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (4/4/2024 UTC) at Riddik Cafe in Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Bookcrossers are generous folk who send books in to the world for strangers to find and enjoy. Sadly we rarely hear any more of their whereabouts. Please let us know you have found this book, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous. By doing this you will be encouraging Bookcrossers to continue to spread the joy of coming across a free book.

Journal Entry 3 by Harrd at Riddik Cafe in Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/6/2024 UTC) at Riddik Cafe in Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia

A classic Garry Disher, with crime solving and many familiar locations in Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula.

Journal Entry 4 by KKslibrary at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, June 6, 2024
Picked up at meetup, on TBR pile

Journal Entry 5 by KKslibrary at Ascot Vale, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 15, 2024
Wyatt is a thief, he works alone, but he needs the money and so when Eddie Oberin tells him about a jewellery heist that Lydia, his ex-wife has information on, it is too hard to resist. Eddie and his new girl friend double cross them and shoot Wyatt and Lydia and get away with jewels, or so they thought. Alain Le Page is an international courier and provides his cousins in Melbourne with jewellery from overseas robberies, but this time he has bearer bonds. When Oberin steals the bearer bonds he is not sure what to do with them and tries to sell them back to the jewellers, but kills them, and he is caught and arrested. This sets off a train of pay backs and killings. I did not enjoy this book as much as other Garry Disher novels I have read, but a good read none the less.

Journal Entry 6 by KKslibrary at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 15, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/16/2024 UTC) at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Passing this onto fellow Bookcrosser meganh to take on her upcoming trip

Journal Entry 7 by wingmeganhwing at Preston, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 16, 2024
A well reviewed book by a highly respected Australian crime writer - perfect for taking to Canada, thank you.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmeganhwing at Preston, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 14, 2024
First time reader of Garry Disher's work, I found this fast paced and full of (murderous) action. I enjoyed the setting of the book, taking in many inner suburbs and also some outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne of which I am very familiar.
A very sudden end when our character Wyatt decides travel internationally to seek revenge.
Hopefully the story will translate well for foreign readers.

Journal Entry 9 by wingmeganhwing at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 19, 2024

Released 4 days ago (7/19/2024 UTC) at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book -
Please let me and previous readers know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it; you are under no obligation to read it.
Bookcrossing is completely free and anonymous and members have been releasing books all over the world for more than 20 years.
If you choose to become a member you will also be able to follow this book’s future story.

Journal Entry 10 by Bookgirrl at Acton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 21, 2024
'Picked up at our "International Meetup", Harbord House Pub on Friday. Meganh, we are so glad you didn't get caught in the big flood on Tuesday! Your timing was perfect. This looks like a good summer read. I am addicted to Peter Robinson mysteries, and do enjoy this kind of book (unless too gory or creepy).