Lilian’s Story

by Kate Grenville | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmeganhwing of Preston, Victoria Australia on 2/11/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingmeganhwing from Preston, Victoria Australia on Sunday, February 11, 2024
One of many books gifted to me by my daughter’s employer for Bookcrossing.
Read this nearly 20 years ago, an Australian classic -
A very interesting read. Snippets of Lillian's life put together in short chapters progressing from her earliest memories as a tiny girl until her old age as a huge eccentric homeless woman who was known wherever she went in Sydney. The story of a fat girl from a wealthy family who was teased by her friends and father seemed fairly insipid until the chapter when she insinuated that her father raped her. From then (and I do remember that it is a novel, I wanted to know how her life panned out.
An excellent Vogel prize winner - I shall seek out more of her work.

Released 1 mo ago (2/26/2024 UTC) at Street Library - Regent St - Oh The Places You’ll Go in Preston, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Please let me and previous readers know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it; you are under no obligation to read it.
Bookcrossing is completely free and anonymous and members have been releasing books all over the world for more than 20 years.
If you choose to become a member you will also be able to follow this book’s future story.