Under a White Sky

by Elizabeth Kolbert | Nonfiction |
Registered by SandyPA of Key West, Florida USA on 2/6/2024
Journal Entry 1 by SandyPA from Key West, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
“Urgent, absolutely necessary reading as a portrait of our devastated planet.” -Kirkus Reviews

Elizabeth Kolbert is such a great writer with tons of research both reading and in the field reporting on topics we can no longer ignore. I am not one to choose these types of books to read but I will now read anything Elizabeth Kolbert writes. I have such respect and admiration for her bravery and dedication.
I read “The Sixth Extinction” only because it won the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for general nonfiction, not for the subject matter. So glad I did because it gripped me from page one and man, it really opened my eyes. I now read everything she writes in The New Yorker and read this book on Kindle as soon as it was published. When I saw it at the Friends of Key West Library Book Sale, I did not hesitate. It’s a privilege to add this to my BookCrossing shelves here in the land of the coral reef which she addresses and examines in great detail. It was fun to find a New Yorker Comment article from February 8, 2021, included inside. I wish I had more of them to add to it.

Journal Entry 2 by SandyPA at Key West, Florida USA on Thursday, February 22, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2024 UTC) at Key West, Florida USA

Happy to send this book north to the beautiful state of North Carolina to make a wish come true!

“When we read together, we connect. Together, we see the world. Together, we see one another.” ~Kate DiCamillo, a storyteller

Journal Entry 3 by wingglade1wing at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Received in yesterday's mail
Thanks very much, SandyPA.