Happy International BookCrossing Day!
It's a special day for BookCrossing and we hope you'll make it a good one. Ballycumber just posted a short message in the Announcements forum, you can read it here.

If We Were Villains

by M. L. Rio | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkinediwing of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 2/6/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingkinediwing from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Oliver Marks has just served ten years in jail - for a murder he may or may not have committed. On the day he's released, he's greeted by the man who put him in prison. Detective Colborne is retiring, but before he does, he wants to know what really happened a decade ago.

As one of seven young actors studying Shakespeare at an elite arts college, Oliver and his friends play the same roles onstage and off: hero, villain, tyrant, temptress, ingenue, extra. But when the casting changes, and the secondary characters usurp the stars, the plays spill dangerously over into life, and one of them is found dead. The rest face their greatest acting challenge yet: convincing the police, and themselves, that they are blameless.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Saturday, February 10, 2024
I had high hopes for this book but I'm afraid I barely made it half way through before the my annoyance with all the obnoxious characters made me give up. It started out promising enough and I generally love Shakespeare but the way Oliver et al were constantly quoting Shakespeare et each other soon became annoying and I really did not care for any of the characters and what happened to any of them

DNF

Journal Entry 3 by wingkinediwing at Town Centre in Keswick, Cumbria United Kingdom on Sunday, February 25, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/26/2024 UTC) at Town Centre in Keswick, Cumbria United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!