The Secret Messenger

by Mandy Robotham | Women's Fiction |
Registered by LFLHunter of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 1/29/2024
Journal Entry 1 by LFLHunter from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 29, 2024
Review: I enjoyed most of the story, though at times I knew where the story was going. I enjoyed The German Midwife a lot more by the same author. The ending fell together nicely. The romantic relationships, were over emphasized, would like it to be more about the spies, I didn't get into Luisa's story line.

Back of Book: Venice, 1943
The world is at war, and Stella Jilani is leading a double life. By day she works in the lion’s den as a typist for the Reich; by night, she risks her life as a messenger for the Italian resistance. Against all odds, Stella must impart Nazi secrets, smuggle essential supplies and produce an underground newspaper on her beloved typewriter.

But when German commander General Breugal becomes suspicious, it seems he will stop at nothing to find the mole, and Stella knows her future could be in jeopardy.

London, 2017
Years later, Luisa Belmont finds a mysterious old typewriter in her attic. Determined to find out who it belonged to, Luisa delves into the past and uncovers a story of fierce love, unimaginable sacrifice and, ultimately, the worst kind of betrayal…

Journal Entry 2 by LFLHunter at LFL - Headen Road in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 4, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (3/4/2024 UTC) at LFL - Headen Road in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Leaving this book in a community library. Please consider making a journal entry, tell us where you found the book, or what you thought of the book after reading it. You can remain anonymous or join Bookcrossing. If you join bookcrosding you can find and release your own books. Help make the world a place of traveling books.