Ghostgirl

by Tonya Hurley | Teens |
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 1/23/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Found this pretty little book at Miami's library book sale and couldn't resist.

Charlotte, a lonely, shy girl who wishes to be popular in high school and dances with the handsome, atheletic Damen, unfortunately dies on the first day of school after choking on a gummy bear. But being dead doesn't stop her from achieving her dreams.

There are some positive messages in the story, although on the whole it feels like a teen movie from Disney tv, cute, pretty, funny but not very deep. The characters are very one-dimensional and Charlotte is selfish and self-centered, a creepy stalker whose target has a girlfriend already. I don't get how she's "the one" or that she has developed enough to "graduate" or "ascend".

Not quite sure what to do with the book yet. It feels too heavy to take to the convention.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Released 3 days ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

It's a hefty book and I admit it's not the best YA novel, but I kind of enjoy it and think someone may too... so taking to the convention.

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!