The Embroidered Corpse

by Brian Kavanagh | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 9781905202362 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winggorydetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/18/2024
Journal Entry 1 by winggorydetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, January 18, 2024
I got this UK-edition softcover from the ongoing book sale at the Nashua Public Library. It's from the author's "Belinda Lawrence" mystery series, featuring young Australian Belinda as she copes with her new life in England after inheriting her great-aunt's cottage and garden near Bath. In this one, two murders that replicate the death of a medieval king kick off an investigation both ancient and modern. The plot involves a fragment of a tapestry that's in a very similar style to the famed Bayeux Tapestry, but features a scene not included in that one; if it's real, it's priceless, and if it's some kind of fake, why are people getting murdered because of it?

Overall I enjoyed the story, though I found the details of the solution to the murders a bit underwhelming.

Journal Entry 2 by winggorydetailswing at LFL - Hartshorn Mill Rd (20) in Amherst, New Hampshire USA on Friday, June 21, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/21/2024 UTC) at LFL - Hartshorn Mill Rd (20) in Amherst, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

Released for: