Unbecoming

by Joanne Fedler | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingLadyIndigowing of Orange, New South Wales Australia on 1/9/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingLadyIndigowing from Orange, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
You can do one night, Jo reminds herself as she follows five women into the Australian bush.

Where are they going to sleep? And pee?

Jo probably should have let her husband Frank know. Just in case. Because you never know what can happen in the wild.

***

While on her three-month marriage-and-motherhood sabbatical in the country, Jo bumps into an old friend Fiona who invites her on a 'sacred silent walk to mark her 57th birthday - the first since her husband Ben died.

The last thing Jo wants is to share anything about herself - these are Fiona's friends, not hers. And what's she going to say? That her young adult children have made life choices she doesn't understand? That she has no idea who she is anymore? That everything is falling apart - even her happy marriage to Frank?

But the unexpected intrusion of a stranger into their secret location, unleashes powerful and conflicting emotions in each woman, provoking conversations and confidences that stray into the shadowlands of motherhood, the mysteries of midlife, the future of monogamy and mother Earth.

Under the canopy of the open night sky, around a small, tended fire, the women share wise counsel, spill their secrets and offer up their stories, each exposing corners of truth the others need to hear.

Unbecoming is a funny, heartbreaking and provocative homage to the midlife unravelling as women on the brink of elderhood speak honestly about their lives and wonder what the hell to do with vaginas that are not ready to be put out to pasture just yet.

apparently it is book 3 in a trilogy - -

Released 3 wks ago (3/26/2024 UTC) at Hitchhiker - books should not travel alone, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

a wishlist title

happy reading

;)

Journal Entry 3 by wingRach260wing at East Maitland, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, April 3, 2024
I’m not sure how this book arrived on my TBR list. I must start making a note of who made the recommendation or which podcast/fb group my books come from. I also had no idea it was the third novel in a trilogy. I’m a bit of a rule-follower and maths-tragic so I may need to find the first two first.
Thank you LadyIndigo for your package including this book, 2 others, a bookmark and book bag. Once again, you’ve been very generous.