The Blue Afternoon

by William Boyd | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 067977260x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 4/15/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, April 15, 2024
Los Angeles Times Book PrizeWinner, 1995
"A perfect-pitch story of love and redemption" (The New York Times), Boyd's atmospheric new novel confirms his reputation as heir to the grand narrative traditions of Joseph Conrad and Somerset Maugham. In 1936 Los angeles, as her long-estranged father tells architect Kay Fischer the story behind her secret parentage, he plunges readers into a tale of grisly murders and an illicit passion that still obsseses him 30 years later.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Released 1 mo ago (4/15/2024 UTC) at Corner of Mayview & Canterbury Bookbox in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left at the BookBox @ the Corner of Mayview Rd & Canterbury Rd, Raleigh NC #BookCrossing https://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/1/36/19695/891135