Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

by Mildred D. Taylor | Teens |
Registered by Sissyrun of Modesto, California USA on 5/30/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Sunday, May 30, 2004
Picked this up at a 25 cent book sale for releasing. I found someone had this on their wishlist and it is going to her.

Journal Entry 2 by Sissyrun at Postal Release in -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, June 02, 2004
Released on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 at Postal Release in USPS, postal release USA.

Mailed to Ri in Canada as a RABCK. I saw this on her wish list. Enjoy the book! Happy trails...

Journal Entry 3 by Ri from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Sunday, June 13, 2004
I returned from vacation today to find his lovely RABCK waiting for me. How wonderful! I have been going back and reading all the Newbery Medal winners that I never read when younger or that have won recently. I am finding them quite enjoyable and some have truly touched my heart! A View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg is particularly wonderful.

I am hoping to get to this one soon and wild release it somewhere where a young reader will discover it. Tanks again, Sissyrun!

Journal Entry 4 by Ri from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Monday, August 30, 2004
I read this gorgeous book yesterday while listening to the storm happening outside. I loved it and don't know how this one escaped me in middle school. I loved Taylor's use of symbolism throughout the book, the weather, the names, the land. Really beautiful.

Now I need to think of a great release site where a young person will find it and treasure it!

Thanks again, Sissyrun!

Journal Entry 5 by Ri at Word on the Street, Queen's Park in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 25, 2004

Released 14 yrs ago (9/26/2004 UTC) at Word on the Street, Queen's Park in Toronto, Ontario Canada

I'll be dropping this off at the festival, but not sure exactly where yet.

If you found this at Word on the Street festival, congratulations and welcome to Bookcrossing! I hope that you enjoy sharing books with others as much as I do!