Lisette's List

by Susan Vreeland | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 12/14/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Luncheon of the Boating Party is one of my favorite books, so I was elated to find Lisette's List in a Little Free LIbrary.

Lisette is reluctant to uproot her colorful Parisian life to move to a small Provencal village to care for her husband's dying grandfather, and gets even more upset to find the old man playing bocce upon their arrival...

I started out the book enjoying the reminder of lovely summer days, but all too soon the idyllic village life is destroyed by the grandfather's deteriorating health and the approach of war.

Like Luncheon of the Boating Party, the well-written story allows me to learn more about Impressionist paintings and life in WWII France. It also makes me want to visit Provence, and before that, buy some L'Occitane. Most importantly, Lisettes List gives me thoughts about what's important in life.

Reserved for France bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Armchair Travels to France Bookbox , A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Released 2 wks ago (4/3/2024 UTC) at Armchair Travels to France Bookbox , A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting into the bookbox. Hope the next reader enjoys this one as much as I did.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing at Binghamton, New York USA on Wednesday, April 10, 2024
Thanks for sharing, the bookbox is back home.
I have Luncheon of the Boating Party on my TBR shelf, so I'm definitely adding this one. Looking forward to reading both.