BLOB

by David Walliams | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by ETMadrid of Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/28/2023
Journal Entry 1 by ETMadrid from Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Not sure if my daughter has read this but I am glad she is letting it go. David Walliams did some children's story readings and made them available during lockdown - about 10 minutes a day I think it was - and that's when I discovered that there's a lot of politically incorrect content in his books and the characters were very caricatural and I certainly expect better from kids books these days. I'm sure he was quoted as being a friend of Russell Brand not long ago so I just googled David Walliams politically incorrect and sure enough last year he was caught on a talent show saying some awful stuff about women contestants - he thought his mic was off. Shame on him! We won't have more books of his in the house! They are very successful and popular so hopefully this will find a grateful new reader. This is a World Book Day 2017 book.

Released 3 mos ago (11/28/2023 UTC) at Surrey Quays Little Free Library in Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom

I’m leaving this on the shelf.