And Then There Were None

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0062073486 Global Overview for this book
Registered by eddiejc1 of Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on 11/21/2023
Journal Entry 1 by eddiejc1 from Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Although I hate the fact that when I first encountered this book many MANY years ago (when wooly mammoths walked the Earth and I was suffering the hell known as junior high school) I got so impatient reading this book that I skipped ahead toward the end. However, it says a lot about the greatness of this book that I have re-read this book many, MANY times. This is the best-selling mystery book of all time, and it deserves that ranking. Despite the change in wording from "n****r" to "Indian" to "soldier boy", the heart of this book remains the same. Highly recommended.

(P.S. Speaking of changes, some people think the title of this book has recently been changed along with the use of "soldier boy." "Soldier Boy" is new, but the title "And Then There Were None" remains the principle American title since it's publication in 1940, and in the UK since the 80's. People who think the *real* title is "Ten Little Indians" are confusing the book with the movies which have used that title frequently. Occasionally because of the films, the book has used that alternate title, but the most recent (according to Wikipedia) was 1989.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, November 25, 2023
Caught!

This book came to me wrapped in holiday paper for the fun of its next finder after it is released (which will be soon!). Thank you, eddiejc1.

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the