Keep Your Friends Close

by Paula Daly | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingdaffodil-2wing of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 11/21/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingdaffodil-2wing from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
This book was taken from Edingthorpe phone box library. It is a paperback in very good condition.
From the cover:- "Surprises and astounds you with every ingenious twist and turn".
REVIEW:-I really enjoyed this book but thought that it got a trifle far-fetched towards the end when one particular character told almost her complete life story, including one big secret, to a complete stranger who turned up on her doorstep. However the pace picked up again after that and I enjoyed the unexpected conclusion."
Reserved for Plum-Crazy until I hear whether or not she wants it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, November 27, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/29/2023 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be sent to Plum-Crazy as she is keen to read it.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Thank you for this & all the other books. This is going on my TBR mountain, not sure when I'll get to it but I WILL get to it at some point....

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2024
A quick read that goes pretty much as you'd expect from the synopsis: Natty leaves her husband at home while their daughter is in hospital & in the short time she’s away, her "best friend" Eve moves in…of course, husband Sean can't resist her - & that's the first of many cliches & stereotypical characters that litter this tale. At first I found Natty SO annoying….why do these women never want to wreak their revenge or take their darlin' ex to the cleaners? Maybe that's just my Scorpio temperament coming out…

However, despite the predictable & trite way it seemed to be heading, I have to admit as it progressed I did start to become pretty gripped with the story. It concluded with an ending I highly approved of - & that doesn't happen often! However, there were a few things that didn't really tie up well (the letter that Natty received being a prime example – that didn't make sense to me when it was supposedly explained) …..& can someone tell me what was the point of the chapters about Joanne's operation? It added absolutely nothing to the overall story.

I've read maybe dozens of books on a similar theme & while this is not one of the best I've read it's certainly no way near the worst. It might not have been credible but in the end it kept me entertained which is all I ask a book to do.