Regeneration

by Pat Barker | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 110104201X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wing39301wing of Seattle, Washington USA on 11/8/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wing39301wing from Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
I bought this copy before the Covid19 pandemic at Pelican Bay Bookstore in Anacortes, WA but never registered the book in Bookcrossing.
Based on true stories British WWI soldiers, this was a sad book although it was well-written.

Journal Entry 2 by wing39301wing at Wishlist book, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, December 1, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/1/2023 UTC) at Wishlist book, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Send this off to @eastbaybookmisr because this book is on his wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Caught this in the mail today as a Wishlist RABCK. Thank you!

1992 Plume trade paperback of the 1991 Book One of the Regeneration trilogy, shortlisted for Britain's Booker Prize, and one of NYT Best Books of 1992. About a 1917 war hero who publicly refuses service as a British officer in WWI, declaring it a senseless slaughter, only to become officially classified as "mentally unsound," confined to a war hospital, where a brilliant psychiatrists restores him to "sanity" and sends him back out to the slaughter trenches. This was on my list of best modern war novels.

Edit December 14, 2023: This was good, but I just skimmed to end for time, although I caught the gist of it fairly smoothly throughout. There is an interesting Author's Note at the end, separating fact from fiction. The front cover of this got bent in half somewhere along the way, but this is otherwise in good condition. I currently have this ranked at #646 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 2 mos ago (12/14/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library at Maxwell Park (teens & adult books) in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.