The Shack

by Wm. Paul Young | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Lingon_Berry of Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia on 11/4/2023
Journal Entry 1 by Lingon_Berry from Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Mackenzie Allen Phillips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation. Evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his great sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note--apparently from God--inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment, he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change his life forever.

Journal Entry 2 by Lingon_Berry at Redgum Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, November 10, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/10/2023 UTC) at Redgum Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Leaving on bookshelf at Redgum Cafe, please enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Monday, November 13, 2023
Caught today at Redgum Cafe.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, November 18, 2023
If you are able to appreciate a story that has strong religious themes that may not necessarily align with your beliefs, then you might enjoy this one. Entertaining enough.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmarmee463wing at Cafe 130 (formerly SI Cafe) in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, November 26, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/7/2023 UTC) at Cafe 130 (formerly SI Cafe) in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Bookcrossers are generous folk who send books in to the world for strangers to find and enjoy. Sadly we rarely hear any more of their whereabouts. Please let us know you have found this book, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous. By doing this you will be encouraging Bookcrossers to continue to spread the joy of coming across a free book.

Journal Entry 6 by AnonymousFriend at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 7, 2023
In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant, "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. Looks interesting but has poor reviews.

Journal Entry 7 by AnonymousFriend at Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on Sunday, February 25, 2024
“This book has the potential to do for our generation what John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress did for his. It's that good!” --Eugene Peterson, Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology, Regent College, Vancouver, B.C. This quote is on the cover and affected me in that Bunyan’s book is the only one I never managed to finish.
I did not read, just browsed through this book, looking at the pictures from the film. It is a story about one man's journey to reestablish his faith in God. My faith in God is fixed and this type of fiction does not appeal to me. I was expecting something realistic. The author has a peculiar view of today’s world and its needs.