The Girl Who Came Home

by Hazel Gaynor | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingshawing of San Diego, California USA on 11/4/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingshawing from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, November 4, 2023
from amazon (8.98)

Journal Entry 2 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Sunday, November 26, 2023
7 1/2 well written but a tad too much romance for my liking

the following review is from amazon:

I am always intrigued by a story about the Titanic. Who isn't? As I started the book, I felt like I had made a good choice and was sure this was going to be a five star book. The telling of the story about the poor girls from Ireland who were traveling to America to make a new home, and of Maggie who was leaving unwillingly and leaving her true love, was very real and well told. But then there was too much toggling between different timelines and even different points of view and I felt that the book was losing the thread of the very dramatic story that was unfolding. The story of the great-granddaughter, Grace, was taking over and we actually don't follow Maggie through her journey in America. Then the end comes and everything is closed in too pat a manner. In the end, I found the book enjoyable but ultimately disappointing. I give this book something like three and a half stars, but leaning toward three. Sorry about the bad pun, but this book really did sink for me.

Journal Entry 3 by wingshawing at Little Free Library - Kensington East in San Diego, California USA on Friday, December 1, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (12/1/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library - Kensington East in San Diego, California USA

The the challenge

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, sha, as your referring member - thanks!)