Are You There, Cthulhu, It's Me, Matthew

by Matthew M. Bartlett | Horror | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 9798831912210 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/1/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
I got this slim softcover from an online seller, after enjoying Bartlett's collection When Night Cowers. This one contains some short Lovecraft-pastiche tales, plus a collection of Bartlett's mini-biographies of residents of ghoul-haunted Arkham. My favorite entries include "The Rats on LePaul," a riff on "Rats in the Walls" but centered on... a reality-TV cooking contest {grin}, and "The Malls of Ulthar," which combine a number of personal dream-journals centering on the titular mall - some of them surreal and terrifying, some amusing, some surprisingly poignant. [I loved the "mall" concept in part because I created my own "Call of Cthulhu" role-playing game scenario for a group of friends called "The Mall on the Borderlands," in which a group of cheerleaders led the chant that thwarted the plans of the cultists. Good times!]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Ledge Rd in Hudson, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, December 10, 2023

Released 4 mos ago (12/10/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library, Ledge Rd in Hudson, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library just ahead of the rain; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

** Released for the 2023 What's In A Name challenge. **