Atomic Road

by Grant Buday | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingKarenBCwing of Prince George, British Columbia Canada on 10/24/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingKarenBCwing from Prince George, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
October, 1962, the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis. Clement Greenberg, the art critic of the 20th century, is more interested in silencing his rival Harold Rosenberg than with the threat of nuclear destruction.

Greenberg is driving from New York to the Emma Lake artist colony in Saskatchewan, where he intends to shut Rosenberg up once and for all. With him is infamous Marxist philosopher Louis Althusser.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKarenBCwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Released 7 mos ago (10/24/2023 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

This book will be traveling to Ontario to spend time with a fellow BookCrosser.

Please do check in from time to time little book on your ongoing trip - a journal note will do the trick!

Journal Entry 3 by LFLHunter at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 2, 2023
A wonderful gift from KarenBC! This book is different from most historical fiction books I read, should be interesting.

Nov 2023 Review: The idea of a road trip, with such unusual characters sounded interesting. Emma Lake artist colony and a hospital that LSD therapy as destinations intreged me, even though caffine in coffee is my drug of choice. I couldn't get into the characters, view points or dialog. Perhaps someone more into the politics in the book would enjoy this book more.

Journal Entry 4 by LFLHunter at Humble Bean Coffee in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 3, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (2/3/2024 UTC) at Humble Bean Coffee in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Bringing this book to Humble Bean coffee shop/ Bookcrossing meet-up. WE WERE ASKED NOT TO LEAVE BOOKS ON HUMBLE BEAN'S BOOKSHELF, books not taken will we left in Little Free Libraries.

Please consider making a journal entry, tell us where you found the book, or what you thought of the book after reading it. You can remain anonymous or join Bookcrossing, then you can catch and release your own books. Help make the world a place of traveling books.

Journal Entry 5 by 2peasandadog at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
I picked this up at a Bookcrossing Meet-Up in Burlington, Ontario. It will be released into a Little Free Library.