The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - The Moonstone's Curse

by Sam Siciliano | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 10/2/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 2, 2023
From amazon.com:
The aristocratic Charles Bromley arrives at 221B Baker Street to beg SHERLOCK HOLMES for his help. Bromley believes that his wife is in danger, as she has refused an offer to sell the Moonstone, a fabulous diamond that has been in her family for generations but which is said to be cursed. When a jeweller is found murdered, it seems as if the Moonstone deserves its reputation. Then the diamond is stolen, and Holmes must try to unravel a mystery centuries in the making.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcestmoiwing at Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Thursday, October 5, 2023
This is meant to be a sort of sequel to Wilkie Collins The Moonstone although the end of that novel and the beginning of this one don't exactly line up. It takes place about 50 years after the original ends but starts with a different set of circumstances than the original ends on - I don't want to give either novel away. It will make sense if you read both of them.

This rehashing of Sherlock Holmes was fun. No Watson, but a cousin named Henry Vernier, a doctor - with a wife who is also a doctor - a bit of a scandal in those times!

Together they solve the mystery of the cursed and missing Moonstone.

I liked Holmes in this rendition; he's not quite as arrogant and supercilious as the original and Vernier makes a good narrator in place of Watson.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcestmoiwing at -- controlled release in Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 9, 2023

Released 4 mos ago (12/9/2023 UTC) at -- controlled release in Hamilton, Ontario Canada

I am distributing a few bags and boxes of books to LFL owners in the Hamilton/Burlington area for them to distribute.

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!

If you found this at a LFL (Little Free Library) or other book exchange shelf, then you already have BookCrossing spirit! So why not join us in making the whole world a library?

If you have a moment, we'd love you to let us know you have the book as we're keen to follow its journey. You can even post a review when you've read it before passing it on to the next lucky person or if you love it, it's yours to keep!

Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 4 by LFLHunter at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (1/3/2024 UTC) at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Leaving this book in a community library, called Turner Drive Book Exchange. Please consider making a journal entry, tell us where you found the book, or what you thought of the book after reading it. You can remain anonymous or join Bookcrossing. If you join Bookcrossing you can catch and release books and watch them travel. Help make the world a place of traveling books.