Before the birth of the moon

by V. Y. Mudimbe | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 3/3/2024
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Sunday, March 3, 2024
Set in the rebellion-torn Zaire of the 1960s, it is the story of a cynical Minister of State and his love for a beautiful prostitute, and the fluctuating balance of power in their relationship as they become enmeshed, both willingly and unwillingly, in the political intrigue and tribal loyalties that will destroy them.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used bookstore.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, March 4, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (3/4/2024 UTC) at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ Deco Free Book Drop (Little Free Library #35995) @ W Hargett St & S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC. (Latitude: 35°46'41.6"N, Longitude: 78°38'24.4"W) #raleighspace #BookCrossing https://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/1/36/19695/811410