The Return of Inspector Banks

by Peter Robinson | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 9/17/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 17, 2023
From amazon.com

Peter Robinson’s Detective Chief Inspector Banks is now a favourite with readers across the globe. This third omnibus collects Robinson’s seventh, eighth and ninth Banks novels and sees the brilliant detective face his most challenging cases yet.

Final Account
When accountant Keith Rothwell is brutally murdered, thevictim’s background provides more questions than answers.When the case takes another unexpected twist, Banks finds himselfin a race against time with the killers dogging his footsteps.

Innocent Graves
Sixteen-year-old Deborah Harrison was last seen alive headinghome from school. Her body is soon found in the local cemetery anda suspect is apprehended, but Banks is not convinced. There are twomany loose ends—including the victim’s own dark secrets.

Dead Right
On a rainy night in Eastvale, a teenager is found brutally beaten to death after what appears to be a pub brawl gone wrong. As Banks investigates, the case becomes more complex and more sinister, and the solving of the mystery becomes imperative as escalating racial tensions threaten more violence to come.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcestmoiwing at BookCrossing Meet-Up, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, September 17, 2023

Released 5 mos ago (9/23/2023 UTC) at BookCrossing Meet-Up, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Passing along to Bookgirrl.

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!

If you found this at a LFL (Little Free Library) or other book exchange shelf, then you already have BookCrossing spirit! So why not join us in making the whole world a library?

If you have a moment, we'd love you to let us know you have the book as we're keen to follow its journey. You can even post a review when you've read it before passing it on to the next lucky person or if you love it, it's yours to keep!

Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 3 by Bookgirrl at Acton, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 27, 2023
There is at least one story here I have yet to read. Since some Robinson titles have different names (N. America vs. UK), I will have to look closely at my "Haven't Read Yet" Robinson list! Thanks, C'estmoi, but as mentioned before, I'll be crestfallen when I get to the end of the list!

Journal Entry 4 by Bookgirrl at Acton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 3, 2023
Funny....I had already read the last of the trio in this book, but it must have been a long time ago, because I had no trouble reading it again. So many details had been forgotten. 'Don't want to be too much of a spoiler, but there is a major development in Sandra and Banks' relationship. So....on to the next "Banks book(s)" I need to read!

Journal Entry 5 by Bookgirrl at Acton Little Free Library in Acton, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 4, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/4/2023 UTC) at Acton Little Free Library in Acton, Ontario Canada

This book is free and was placed in Little Free Library #95058 today. It's a free "travelling" book, registered on Bookcrossing.com which is a world-wide book lover's group. It is basically geo-caching for books. It's free, anonymous and aims "to make the whole world a library". It also fosters a love of reading by leaving free books in public places. Please take a moment to make a Journal Entry (see label inside the cover) so we know it's been found. When you are done with the book, "set it free" and help its journey continue.