The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by IpswichIzzy of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 9/9/2023
Journal Entry 1 by IpswichIzzy from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Wayward daughters. Missing husbands. Philandering partners. Curious conmen. If you've got a problem, and no one else can help you, pay a visit to Precious Ramotswe, Botswana's only - and finest - female private detective.
Her methods may not be conventional, and her manner not exactly Miss Marple, buts she's got warmth, wit and canny intuition on her side, not to mention Mr J.L.B. Matekoni, the charming proprietor of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors. And Precious is going to need them all as she sets out on the trail of a missing child, a case that tumbles our heroine into a hotbed of strange situations and more than a little danger.

Journal Entry 2 by IpswichIzzy at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 9, 2023
This is an enchanting, light hearted read. Some of it is a little far fetched, but it has a gentle humour and Precious Ramotswe comes across as a likeable person, making it very readable.

Journal Entry 3 by IpswichIzzy at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 9, 2023

Released 10 mos ago (9/10/2023 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Local BookCrossers meet, from noon on the second Saturday of every month, at Coffee Link, on Neptune Quay. Why not come along and join us? We're easy to spot - we're the people sitting round a table covered in books!