The Hanging Garden

by Patrick White | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by book-a-neer of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 9/7/2023
Journal Entry 1 by book-a-neer from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 7, 2023
For release

Journal Entry 2 by book-a-neer at Riddik Cafe in Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 7, 2023

Released 5 mos ago (9/7/2023 UTC) at Riddik Cafe in Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia

If you have found this book please know that it is a travelling book. It is not lost. You see, we at bookcrossing, love our books so much that we like to share it with the world. Read it if you think it's interesting enough and/or pass it on to someone who might enjoy it as well.

Journal Entry 3 by bronwyna at Cafe 130 (formerly SI Cafe) in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/6/2023 UTC) at Cafe 130 (formerly SI Cafe) in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Previously unpublished novel, found after his death, no editing done and while it could have used some, still a fascinating read, reasonably easy by White's standard

Journal Entry 4 by AnonymousFriend at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, December 10, 2023
In wartime Australia, two children form an extraordinary bond as they negotiate the dangers of life as strangers abandoned on the far side of the world. Set in Sydney from WW2 by a novelist I loved when I read The Tree of Man, many years ago (1974) when I lived in Sydney. I had read 2 other of his books before that when I was still at school, but they must have been short stories as I cannot find then on the net. I am sorry to see that this is his last book and never finished. Reading it should be an adventure.