Unnatural Death

by Dorothy L. Sayers | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingSoozreaderwing of Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on 9/1/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingSoozreaderwing from Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, September 1, 2023
From the back cover: ‘No sign of foul play.’ So concludes Dr Carr’s postmortem on Agatha Dawson, and the case is closed. But Lord Peter Wimsey is not satisfied and, with no clues to work on, begins his own investigation. No clues, that is, until the sudden and senseless murder of Agatha’s maid. Then the most debonair sleuth in detective fiction is faced with the problem of catching a desperate murderer before he himself becomes one of the victims… and of discovering what goes on in the mysterious Mrs Forrest’s Mayfair flat.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, September 1, 2023
I already have a copy of this book so this one goes to the AVL shelf to wait for a new reader.

(The book has an interesting ex libris.)

Journal Entry 3 by wingSoozreaderwing at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Released to the book buffet. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by Shepparm at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 20, 2024
Picked up from the book buffet at Finland convention. It’s been a while since I read any of her books.

Journal Entry 5 by Shepparm at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 12, 2024
A quick read. A bit old fashioned now but I enjoyed it.

To be left at London Meet

Journal Entry 6 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 12, 2024
Picked up at the London meet as I've been reading and enjoying this series, but it turns out this is one I've already read. I'll add my review and find a new home for it.

Journal Entry 7 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 12, 2024
When Lord Peter Wimsey and his friend Detective Inspector Parker meet a doctor who thinks there is something odd about the death of an old lady in his care, Wimsey is immediately convinced it was murder. This is absolutely gripping, despite the fact that we know all along who the killer is - Peter must find out how it was done and also prove it to the satisfaction of the police. There is some language which is 'of its time' and uncomfortable for the modern reader, but this seems to be more the view of Sayers' well-described characters than of herself. Really enjoyed this.

Released 3 wks ago (5/20/2024 UTC) at St Albans City Railway Station 🚉 in St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found. It is always a joy to find where it has gone. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining (free with no strings) please consider using greenbadger or anyone else who has journaled the book as your referrer.
I don't get anything from this except for the pleasure of watching my books travel and knowing that they are giving pleasure to others.
Keep the book for as long as you like, and when you are done with it please pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.