Where the Crawdads Sing

by Delia Owens | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0735219109 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingcestmoiwing of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 8/28/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingcestmoiwing from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 28, 2023
From amazon.com

For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand. Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life—until the unthinkable happens.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcestmoiwing at Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 1, 2023
This is probably the best novel I have read this year, if not the last few years.

Owens weaves so many layers into Kya's story and each one builds the story and Kya's life year over year. It is much more than a story of an abandoned child who raises herself in the marsh, it's much more than what happens to her and how she copes. All of is this tied into the natural cycle of life in all forms.

We learn of the mental strength we are capable of, the determination we are capable of, the measure of love and the tragedy that isolation and loneliness can cause....and the pure meanness of the human race.

I will be thinking about this for a long time.

I will be passing this along to bookgirrl when I see her next.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 27, 2023
SO much buzz about this book! On my #1TBR pile! Thanks, C'estmoi!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 15, 2023
Well…there I was sitting, waiting for an appointment with an ophthalmologist and almost 2-1/2 hours went by past my appointment time and I finally saw him. Just a checkup on something minor BUT in the meantime I got to REALLY crack this book. I am on on page 134 and it’s such page-turner. ‘Will make another JE once finished.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 18, 2023
I loved this book. For me, it's basically about Love and Trust. Some people have said it's too sad to read, but I didn't find that the case. Same for "A Fine Balance". Both books were about overcoming very difficult circumstances and had many uplifting moments.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2024
'Taking this excellent novel to Finland to the Bookcrossing Convention. An addition to the book buffet.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at Acton, Ontario Canada

Dear Finder of this book: You have found a free "travelling" book, registered on Bookcrossing.com. What is Bookcrossing? It is a world-wide book lover's group. It is basically geo-caching for books. It is free, anonymous and aims "to make the whole world a library". It also fosters a love of reading by leaving free books in public places. Please take a moment to make a Journal Entry (see label inside the cover) so we know it's been found. When you are done with the book, "set it free" and help its journey continue.

Journal Entry 8 by wingtoukokuuwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
Thank you for bringing this and it was great to meet you! And thank you cestmoi as well!