The Twelve Days of Christmas (Correspondence)

by John Julius Norwich | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingdaffodil-2wing of Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on 7/31/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingdaffodil-2wing from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, July 31, 2023
This small hardback, illustrated by Quentin Blake, was taken from Woodbastick phone box library.
I shall first read it myself then reserve it for my friend Plum-Crazy.
(I'm sure I've previously heard this, or something very similar being read out on the radio).

Journal Entry 2 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, November 27, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/29/2023 UTC) at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book will be sent to Plum-Crazy to read and/or release as she thinks fit.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Thank you for this & all the other books daff - I will try read it this December as it will fit more than one of the days on the "What to Read" Advent Calendar ;o)

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 14, 2023
A charming & amusing take on the traditional carol. Written in the form of thank-you letters from a young lady to her unseen admirer & illustrated with the delightful drawings of Quintin Blake.

I particularly smiled at the nine ladies dancing being portrayed as a regiment of shameless hussies with nothing..... well I'll say no more ;o)

A little gem.