A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier

by Ishmael Beah | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by hobbit of Poughkeepsie, New York USA on 7/16/2023
Journal Entry 1 by hobbit from Poughkeepsie, New York USA on Sunday, July 16, 2023
At twelve, Ishmael fled attacking soldiers in Sierra Leone. By thirteen, he'd been included in the government army. This is an amazing, honest account of his young life. It's horrifying but all-too-real.

I saw this at a yard sale and picked it up for possible inclusion in my "Around the World" bookbox. This is the 3rd copy I've encountered. The journal for the first is here: http://bookcrossing.com/journal/9840769/

Journal Entry 2 by hobbit at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 8, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/9/2024 UTC) at A BookCrosser, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending to the winner of the Authors from Unusual Places Sweeps.

Journal Entry 3 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 12, 2024
This book was waiting on my doorstep this morning! I am familiar with this book's existence and have had some interest in it for some time, but have never read it. I've read a couple off books with similar subject matter though, and if history is anything to go on, I expect this will be a difficult read at times (emotionally), but worthwhile. Thank you, hobbit!