Invisible Cities (A Harvest/Hbj Book)

by Italo Calvino | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by EvaLowrain of Louisville, Kentucky USA on 5/25/2004
Journal Entry 1 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, May 25, 2004
This book is just amazing. It's more poetry than prose and forces your mind to bend in new ways as you walk through Marco Polo's tales of various cities. Slowly, you realize each is a city you've been in, each is the city you live in. It's a beautiful work of art.

If you liked this, you'll probably also like Einstein's Dreams, which very much borrows from Calvino's format.

I should note that this is part of my private collection, but I'm willing to loan it. I just can't part with it yet.

Journal Entry 2 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, May 26, 2004
On it's way to gwendy. Hope you like it.

Journal Entry 3 by gwendy from Rochester, New York USA on Tuesday, June 01, 2004
when i first started reading this i was having trouble getting into it, then remembered what EvaLowrain said about reading aloud, and tried that. it was amazing the way the words just started to flow. i loved the cities themselves, and the dialog with Marco Polo was interesting in spots as well. thanks so much for loaning this to me!

nts: this has been rec'd home by EvaLowrain.

Journal Entry 4 by EvaLowrain from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, January 20, 2005
Sorry. This has been home for a long time. I just forgot to make a note of it! This is a PC but I'll lend it out if anyone wants to read it. It's just so beautiful, I can't let it go yet.

Journal Entry 5 by EvaLowrain at bus (see release notes for details) in Louisville, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (10/31/2006 UTC) at bus (see release notes for details) in Louisville, Kentucky USA

Actually released about a week ago on a downtown bus.