The Best Short Stories

by Guy de Maupassant | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingDelphi_Readerwing of Delphi - Δελφοί , Fokida Greece on 6/27/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingDelphi_Readerwing from Delphi - Δελφοί , Fokida Greece on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
This book starts its journey with BookCrossing from Delphi, Greece
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" Guy de Maupassant was a master of the short story. This collection displays his lively diversity, with tales that vary in theme and tone, ranging from tragedy and satire to comedy and farce. In a lucidly direct style, he provides unflinching realism and skeptical irony. He depicts the deceptions, hypocrisies and vanities at different levels of society. Prostitution is frankly described, while the harshness of war is deftly exposed. His tales have been televised and have influenced films, operas and rock music. Unillusioned but humane, Maupassant remains our contemporary. "

~~~~~~To the person who found this book:~~~~~~

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. Drop a few lines on where and how you found this book and what you thought of it. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, I encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, although I would love you to read and then share it. You can pass it on someone you know or release it once again in the wild, leaving it on a park bench, a phone booth, a hostel lobby...wherever you think it's suitable for the book to continue its journey. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Delphi - Δελφοί , Fokida Greece on Monday, July 10, 2023
Not judging this very strictly:

Boule De Suif 8/10
A Deal 7/10
Love 6/10
Two Little Soldiers 6/10
Happiness 6/10

I liked some stories better than others for different reason each and I feel that even the one's I didn't like that much had much potential.

A decent book to pass the time.

Released 2 mos ago (12/13/2023 UTC) at Πασαλιμάνι - Pasalimani in Piraeus - Πειραιάς, Attica Greece

Released in Zea/Pasalimani area of Piraeus.

Good Luck little book and Don't forget to write your news from time to time!