Riviera Gold

by Laurie R. King | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0525620834 Global Overview for this book
Registered by buttonbright of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 12/3/2023
Journal Entry 1 by buttonbright from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Sunday, December 3, 2023
Riviera Gold is the 16th in the Mary Russell series of mystery novels that are based around the growing relationship between the young Mary Russell and a much older Sherlock Holmes after he moves from London to a rural Sussex cottage to take up beekeeping. In this installment set in the summer of 1925, Russell takes advantage of Holmes visit to Romania to go to Monte Carlo looking for Mrs. Hudson. Hudson, who left her employment as Holmes housekeeper and did not leave a forwarding address, has gone to live in Monte Carlo to be close to her old friend Lily Langtree and to live in her favorite city. In this novel we learn a lot about Hudson's backstory before she met Holmes, including a mysterious inheritance from her father that draws Hudson and Russell into contact with Monte Carlo's underworld.
I am very fond of Laurie King's writing style and this book is a worthy addition to this long running series.

Journal Entry 2 by buttonbright at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, December 4, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/4/2023 UTC) at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left at the Adara Spa Book Nook @ 608 W Peace Street, Raleigh NC #BookCrossing #adaraspa https://goo.gl/1syyky