What Maisie Knew

by Henry James | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by SandyPA of Key West, Florida USA on 5/22/2023
Journal Entry 1 by SandyPA from Key West, Florida USA on Monday, May 22, 2023
Continuing my quest to read good literature, this one is on Boxall’s 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, I picked this up at Friends of Lubbock Public Library Book Sale in Texas. Eager to read more of Henry James.

Journal Entry 2 by SandyPA at Key West, Florida USA on Sunday, February 4, 2024
“Small children have many more perceptions than they have terms to translate them,” Henry James says in his “Preface” to the New York edition of the novel.
I enjoy looking through the eyes and minds of children, the reason I chose this one. However, this was a hard read for me. Long sentences and scenes about the custody of Maisie, a child, it seems no one wants. She is passed back and forth between parents, new spouses and lovers. GoodReads people often help me see the bigger picture and I am thankful for “Paul’s” review for that reason as he describes Henry James writing for this book: “…here he filters viciousness through innocence.” That makes so much sense to me for this novel. I get that.

Journal Entry 3 by SandyPA at Green Parrot Little Free Library in Key West, Florida USA on Friday, February 23, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/23/2024 UTC) at Green Parrot Little Free Library in Key West, Florida USA

I enjoy buying and releasing quality books for free to help make the world a library. This is one of those books. If you like it, take it and write a journal entry at www.BookCrossing.com - it’s easy and anonymous. Then when you are done with it, find a nice person or place to release it. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this book and finding out where you got it from. This book is on an adventure we can share with it.

Enjoy!

“When we read together, we connect. Together, we see the world. Together, we see one another.” ~Kate DiCamillo, a storyteller