Aunt Dimity Beats the Devil

by NANCY ATHERTON | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkiki66wing of Gauting, Bayern Germany on 5/22/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingkiki66wing from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Monday, May 22, 2023
When rare-book expert Lori Shepherd is invited to evaluate an old collection of volumes in grim, neo-gothic Wyrdhurst Hall, she jumps at the chance. But as she drives across the steep embankment of the Northumberland moors while the rain crashes down, she wonders what she has let herself in for.
A host of surprises await, including a handsome stranger who knows more about the Hall's secrets than he's letting on, and a cache of letters telling of a doomed love affair from the First World War. It will take all the skills of Lori's otherworldly Aunt Dimity to solve the puzzle and restore peace to a family haunted by its own tragic past.

Edit:
Forgot to add my summery:
Still on my Aunt Dimity spree... This was a better one. While reading the previous books I got more and more annoyed with Lori's "roving eye". I realized I didn't like her at all.
So while in this book she still is on the go there was a better reason for it. I liked the story even though the explanation at the end was kind of a bit too wild for my taste.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Saint-Loup-des Vignes, Centre France on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
This RABCK is on a loan from Germany - I am not the only one very much enjoying this series. I have a few "have to read first" books coming up, but hope to get to this soon. I suspect my husband will want to read it too...
Thanks so much for sending - it will return home soon(ish). Maybe in the new year?
All the very best for the upcoming holiday season which I know is busy for you!

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Saint-Loup-des Vignes, Centre France on Friday, November 24, 2023
This was lent to me by a bookcrossing / goodreads friend who has accurately noted my appreciation of this series.
For starters, I have to say I enjoyed this more than the previous book in the series (as did my husband who is reading along with this series).
Lori strikes off on her own for a change, leaving domesticity (and the twins) behind.
Things start to go downhill (literally... ) from the beginning, but fortunately she is rescued by a very handsome hero. Here again we (or Lori) contend(s) with her roving eye, although this time it seems she has something of an excuse.
The story is a labyrinth of false clues and red herrings, and "the bad guy hat" jumps from head to head.
A very fun read.. I look forward to reading the next at some point.
(I have the 12th and the 15th on my TBR shelves, for what that's worth, and will be happy to share when we get there!)

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France on Saturday, November 25, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/25/2023 UTC) at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France

And this heads back home to Germany after a quick jaunt to the Lake District (my husband read it, I didn‘t get to it and had foolishly packed it into my checked bag, so couldn‘t start it when I finally finished the book club book I was reading).
I look forward to reading more of this series! (Let me know when you need me to send the ones I have..) Thanks so much for sharing.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiki66wing at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, November 30, 2023
Aunt Dimity is back home..
thanks you penelopewanders - also for the nice summery card.. so different from outside at the moment ;-)