The perfect nanny

by Leila Slimani | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLivrespublicwing of Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur France on 5/16/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingLivrespublicwing from Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur France on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
„The Perfect Nanny is a thriller written by Franco-Moroccan journalist and author Leïla Slimani. Published in 2016, the novel is inspired by the 2012 murders of two white American children in New York City by their caretaker, a naturalized American citizen born in the Dominican Republic. Slimani resets the narrative in Paris, France, and the nanny she depicts is a native French woman and white. Slimani reframes the crime to explore themes of racism, classicism, and sexism in relation to motherhood and caregivers. The Perfect Nanny won the Prix Goncourt, France's top literary accolade. The original French title is Chanson Douce.“

Released 5 mos ago (6/16/2023 UTC) at 2023 - Falkirk, Scotland , BookCrossing Convention -- Controlled Releases

To my NSS partner of the 2023 Convention in Falkirk Scotland who had it on her wishlist.

Leila Slimani is one of my favourite franco-moroccan authors. I‘ve read the book some years ago in French.

I hope you‘ll find it interesting as well.

Journal Entry 3 by wingteachiewing at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 17, 2023
Thank you so much for this wishlist book and all the gifts in the box. The lavender smells beautiful.
I will journal again after I have read this book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingteachiewing at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 20, 2023
I had high expectations of this book and it didn't disappoint.
Even though it begins with the murder and attempted murder of 2 children and I had that in the back of my mind all through the book, it is hard not to feel some sympathy for Louise. The author pulls you into her world with her powerful descriptions and wonderful observations of the people Louise comes into contact with.
I shall be taking this to the London meetup to pass on for another bookcrosser to enjoy.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 17, 2023
Picked up at the London Meetup to take to the Paris Unconvention.

Journal Entry 6 by wingjax987654321wing at Parc de Bercy in -Paris 12e, Ile-de-France France on Sunday, September 24, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (9/25/2023 UTC) at Parc de Bercy in -Paris 12e, Ile-de-France France

Released at the Mega Bookcrossing event in Paris

Journal Entry 7 by wingDutchbladwing at -Paris 12e, Ile-de-France France on Monday, September 25, 2023
I took this book at the end of the MBC meeting in Paris. It will travel onward via our street library or as wild release

Journal Entry 8 by wingDutchbladwing at Ibis hotel Schiphol Airport in Badhoevedorp, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (9/26/2023 UTC) at Ibis hotel Schiphol Airport in Badhoevedorp, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Book was placed in the International Library in the lobby.

Enjoy the reading of this book and remember to let it travel onward after you’ve finished it.
MAKE THE WORLD A LIBRARY