Deepsix

by Jack McDevitt | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Dad-i-Libri of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 4/29/2023
Journal Entry 1 by Dad-i-Libri from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, April 29, 2023
One of many books left behind when fellow BookCrosser Iwillrejoice left us to join book lovers from throughout history. We'll share these books for her.

Journal Entry 2 by Dad-i-Libri at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, April 29, 2023

Released 11 mos ago (5/1/2023 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent to "gomboggit" as part of Motherof11's 2023 RABCK Challenge (Link)
and ...
Released in memory of BookCrosser "Iwillrejoice." (Link)

~ Happy Traveling, Book! ~

Journal Entry 3 by gomboggit at Baker City, Oregon USA on Saturday, August 12, 2023
received in a bookbox for my little free library. I plan to read this first before adding it. Thanks Dad-i-Libri!

Journal Entry 4 by gomboggit at Baker City, Oregon USA on Saturday, February 24, 2024
A Bookcrossing friend sent me this sci-fi adventure to put in my Little Free Library. I set it in Mt. TBR first, and I am glad I did. I like sci-fi, but often it becomes predictable. You know who is going to die or get eaten. You know what the disaster is going to be and what "twists" lie ahead if you read enough or watch enough movies. You figure out who the survivor is going to be or what the underlying plot is. However, with this book, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have it all figured out. The author wrote it in a way that kept it moving and exciting the whole time. I was really happy with it and except for the tiny print on my 40-something eyes that require readers now, I had a hard time putting it down.
It's about a life-bearing planet that was discovered some 20 years earlier and was going to be explored, but it was found that the wildlife was very hostile and so the mission was aborted. Fast forward, and there's a rogue moon that is heading for the planet and it's about to be obliterated. Scans show a building on the planet, so a crew is sent to explore it before the moon hits. Disaster happens, and the crew must figure out a way to get off the planet in a hurry, while trekking across a continent making interesting discoveries and trying to survive the hostile and deadly creatures that live there.
Like I said, it was interesting the whole way through, and there was a lot that I did not expect. I liked that. I am going to look for more of this author's books.

Journal Entry 5 by gomboggit at Wizard of Oz Little Free Library in Baker City, Oregon USA on Saturday, February 24, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/24/2024 UTC) at Wizard of Oz Little Free Library in Baker City, Oregon USA

Congratulations on finding this book! This book was left here just for you! Feel free to read it, keep it, pass it on to a friend or re-release it into the wild. Please add a journal entry here to let my friends know that I am safe in your hands. Bookcrossing is a great community, and if you wish to join it is free, no strings attached. Please consider using me, gomboggit, as your referring member. Have fun!