Sycamore Gap

by L. J. Ross | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingDelticwing of Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/19/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingDelticwing from Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Found in a charity shop on a weekend trip to the Cotswolds.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (4/19/2023 UTC) at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Part of of a not a total surprise package for a Bookcrossing friend.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Thank you very much indeed for this Deltic. I can't wait to get started on it! I've only recently discovered these wonderful DCI Ryan novels and am trying to read them all - quite an undertaking as there are already 20 books, so I've a long way to go! Having read a few as and when I came across them, I've realised that that's not a good idea, so as far as possible I plan read the rest in order. Having Numbers 2 and 3 from you this morning is very helpful, given that I've already enjoyed the first, thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 23, 2023
It amuses me that one of the most familiar images of Hadrian's Wall isn't a wall at all but a tree, as shown on the front cover of Sycamore Gap.

DCI Ryan and the team investigate when an early morning walker finds a body in the wall - and then there's another one, two young women, murdered 10 years apart.

The complicated plot involves murder and police corruption and all sorts of unpleasantness and is totally gripping. Roll on the next instalment, Heavenfield.

Thanks again, Deltic.

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Burton Leonard, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (5/16/2023 UTC) at Burton Leonard, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

On its way back to Deltic . . .

STOP PRESS: Thursday 28 September 2023
It's been announced that the iconic tree in Sycamore Gap, sometimes known as Robin Hood's tree, has been felled overnight in what appears to be a deliberate act of vandalism. A bad day for the North East, a world-renowned landmark destroyed by a chain saw!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Arrived home safely. Thank you nu-Knees.

Journal Entry 7 by wingDelticwing at Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Now then. I might just have to move straight on to the next book, Heavenfield!
How can all this "murder and police corruption and all sorts of unpleasantness" come from the mind of such a lovely lady (LJ Ross). I saw her on TV with Robson Green and she was so nice!

Journal Entry 8 by wingDelticwing at Leeds Meet @ Tiled Hall Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 6, 2023

Released 9 mos ago (10/8/2023 UTC) at Leeds Meet @ Tiled Hall Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Hello, lucky finder. If you're new to Bookcrossing, thank you for visiting the website.

Please take a moment to let us know you have the book - then everyone who has had it previously can follow it's journey! Then please post a review when you've read it.

If you join BookCrossing (which is FREE, SECURE and SAFE), you too, can see where it goes next..

This book is yours to keep or pass on. No strings attached!

Journal Entry 9 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 7, 2023
Picked up at the Leeds meet up

Journal Entry 10 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Haven't read the first book but picked it up because of the cover.
Very twisted. Good characters.

Journal Entry 11 by wingReetPetitewing at Divine Coffee House ☕ in Sherwood, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 17, 2023

Released 7 mos ago (11/18/2023 UTC) at Divine Coffee House ☕ in Sherwood, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

To be taken to the BC meet up.
If not picked up it will be left on the bookshelves

If you have picked up this book, thank you for visiting the website. Please take a moment to let us know you have the book - then everyone who has had it previously will know where it is! Then post a review when you've read it, and pass it on to someone else when you've finished it. If you join BookCrossing, you, too, can see where it goes next...