Space Race

by Sylvia Waugh | Children's Books |
ISBN: 1448193222 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 4/18/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Eleven-year-old Thomas Derwent is moving - not to another town or city, but to another planet. He and his father have completed their research mission on Earth and are due to return to their home planet.

Except that Thomas remembers nothing of his planet and he wants to stay with his friends and be part of the school's nativity play.

It's an interesting set up, but it feels like for a good part of the book nothing is going on. It is a race against time, but mostly spent in passive waiting. Especially on the father's part, who easily spends a day or two just sitting around. Unless the author wants to make a satire about bureaucracy, it really makes no sense.

As part of the story takes place in Edinburgh, I will take this to the BC Con for release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at LFL - Historical Museum in Dunedin, Florida USA on Thursday, January 4, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (1/4/2024 UTC) at LFL - Historical Museum in Dunedin, Florida USA

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!