A Cool Head

by Ian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by gypsysmom of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 4/16/2023
Journal Entry 1 by gypsysmom from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, April 16, 2023
I believe I acquired this book through Better World Books. It's one I've been searching for for a long time.

Journal Entry 2 by gypsysmom at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, June 17, 2024
This is a Quick Read which I think means it was written specifically for picking up and reading in one go. I didn't quite manage that but it did only take me about a day and a half.

Gravy is a grown up but he is probably intellectually challenged and he doesn't have a lot of worldly experience. He's called Gravy because he works in a graveyard, One day his friend, Benjy, turns up in a car Gravy doesn't recognize. Benjy has a gun and a bullet hole in his chest. He asks Gravy to hide him and the gun but then he dies. Gravy has hid things for Benjy before but never anything like this. The situation is even more complicated by the bag of money in the car. But, being a loyal friend, Gravy will do what Benjy asked which puts him in the middle of a plot to pay off a crooked politician and intimidate an eye-witness to a murder.

Even in this short story Ian Rankin manages to work in some references to music, including Celine Dion.

Journal Entry 3 by gypsysmom at Birch Croit in Nethy Bridge, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, June 17, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/17/2024 UTC) at Birch Croit in Nethy Bridge, Scotland United Kingdom

I left this book in the bookcase.

When you find a BookCrossing book it is yours to do with what you like. You can read it and keep it or pass it on or if you don't think it is your kind of book pass it on to someone who might like it or release it in a spot for someone else to find like you just did. Whatever you choose it would be great if you could write a short note letting us know what new adventures the book is on.